|Page Contents Current As of Patch:||2020-03-17|
The Continent Locking is a system that allows to capture continent to gain benefit and exclude it from available continents to fight on.
Empire Strength[edit | edit source]
Territory now matters at all times, as each empire gains strength when key facilities are captured. When a faction reaches 100 Empire Strength or more, a Meltdown Alert fires off and the victorious faction will lock the continent.
Empire Strength Points[edit | edit source]
- Strategic objectives
- Maintaining a link to an enemy Warpgate is worth 50 strength(both is 100 strength).
- Maintaining ownership of the center base is worth 20 strength(Hossin Nason's Defiance — 25).
- Maintaining ownership of a major facility is worth 15 strength.
- Maintaining ownership of a construction outposts(Cobalt Geological Outpost, Solus Nature Annex, Moss Ravine, and etc) is worth 10 strength.
- Cutoff territories do not contribute to Empire Strength.
- Territory Control
- Territory control of 41% now awards 5 Empire Strength.
- Territory control of 44% provides an additional 5 Empire Strength, and this effect also occurs at 48%, 52%, 56% and 60% territory.
Goals of Continent Locking[edit | edit source]
- Give control over world state to the players. You control which continents are open for contest, you control when those continents will have alerts, and you control when warpgates will rotate. We’re going all-in on player agency and kicking the random number generator out of the PS2 meta.
- Leverage the locking to scale combat space with population. With fewer active continents at one time to disperse the players, you have better fights and more balanced continent populations, especially off-peak.
Population Regulation & Lock State[edit | edit source]
- When a continent locks, the conquering empire automatically captures all remaining regions on the continent
- A maximum of 3 continents can be locked at any one time.
- When number of players surpasses 800, second continent unlocks.
- Whenever a continent is locked the oldest existing locked continent will automatically unlock.
- All players on the locked continent will be prompted to redeploy to another continent.
- Continent Lock bonuses now persist until the continent is locked by another faction.
Continent Lock Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Amerish — Allows base generators to regenerate 5 health per second when destroyed.
- Esamir — Allows allied control points to increase infantry shield capacity by 50.
- Indar — Allows facility turrets to fire for much longer before overheating.
- Hossin — Allows ammo resupply towers/pads to repair Vehicle/Aircraft.
Ribbons[edit | edit source]
You can also earn Service Ribbons for locking a continent.
|Continent Locking||Locking a Continent.|
See more available ribbons on the Service Ribbons page.
History[edit | edit source]
- June 17, 2020 Update
- Esamir Eisa Tech Plant Empire Strength value from 25 to 20
- July 16, 2020 Update
- We've removed the ability for Bastions to generate Empire Strength, as players don't seem to need the additional motivation to bring Bastions into combat areas. This change also addresses an issue where the Power Projection meter could get stuck when a continent would re-open.
- To bridge the gap, and add more strategic targets, we've added three bases on each continent (in additional to normal territory gain and facility captures) that will contribute additional Empire Score.