|Page Contents Current As of Patch:||2021-07-01|
|An experimental recon vehicle with hover capabilities, allowing it to quickly traverse all types of terrain.|
|For Armor and Damage resistance details see this article.|
|Primary Weapons:||JVN-30 Salamander,|
The Javelin is a Hovercycle used exclusively by the Nanite Systems Operatives. It's a new prototype for speedy personal transport and reconnaissance across the battlefield, the Javelin features built-in turbo and strafing capabilities.
Maglev technology allows the Javelin to hover along the ground and easily traverse difficult terrain.
An open rumble seat allows for one additional passenger, and while it is not innately equipped with weaponry, it has access to a variety of defensive and utility options.
This vehicle is in a prototype state, and will see significant iteration as time passes.
Javelin Vehicle Certifications
|Category||Certification Name||Levels and Cost|
|Utility Slot||Fire Suppression System||
|Gate Shield Diffuser||
|Defense Slot||Nanite Auto Repair System||
|Performance Slot||Agility Chassis||
|Fire Rate:||400 RPM|
|Max Damage:||250 before 10m|
|Min Damage:||167 after 60m|
|Cone of Fire:||2|
|Bloom per Shot:||0.1|
|Fire Rate:||240 RPM|
|Fire Modes:||Charge-up Burst|
|Max Damage:||500 before 10m|
|Min Damage:||300 after 50m|
|Max Indirect Damage:||100 before 1m|
|Min Indirect Damage:||25 at 3m|
|Fire Rate:||779 RPM|
|Max Indirect Damage:||50 before 0.1m|
|Min Indirect Damage:||10 at 2m|
|Cone of Fire:||2|
|Bloom per Shot:||0.5|
|Fire Rate:||550 RPM|
|Effective Range:||Very Close|
|Max Damage:||65x3 before 10m|
|Min Damage:||51x3 after 65m|
|Cone of Fire:||0?|
|Bloom per Shot:||0.1|
Weapon Ribbons and Medals
With any Javelin weapon, it is possible to get both Ribbons and Medals. Each Ribbon is a standard reward for achieving a set amount of kills with a Javelin weapon. Medals relate to how many overall kills you have with the Javelin weapon.
|Javelin Service Ribbon||10 kills.|
|Driver Service Ribbon||20 driver assists|
|No Medal||0 kills||N/A|
|Copper Medal||10 kills||2|
|Silver Medal||60 kills||10|
|Gold Medal||160 kills||20|
|Auraxium Medal||1,160 kills||200|
- Vehicle terminal cost from 200 Nanites to 100 Nanites.
- Javelin now uses its own experience type, instead of the Flash's to award experience.
- Using a repair tool on the Javelin will now show particle effects in the correct location.
- Spitfire Turrets will now fire at riders.
- Vehicle now bounces less while moving along rough terrain, is slightly less prone to nose-up while airborne, and is all around a bit more stable.
- Performance Slot
- Speed Chassis now increases afterburner fuel recharge by 30%.
- Combat Chassis now allows greater control of side to side movement while afterburner is engaged.
- Agility Chassis now provides lift from the ground when the afterburner is engaged.
- Dev Note: We've made some adjustments to the chassis options to more dramatically alter how each of them makes the Javelin performs.
The Javelin has received a variety of changes that gives it a more grounded control scheme and adds 4 new weapons to it.
- JVN-30 Salamander - The baseline machinegun weapon that comes standard with all Javelins.
- JVN-MM N.E.S.T. - Previously an ability option for the vehicle, the N.E.S.T. smart-missile launcher has been converted into a normal anti-armor weapon.
- JVN-X3 Hydra - A split-shot anti-infantry weapon that fires a fan of pellets.
- JVN-50 Celeste - Charge-up, high-damage anti-armor photon projection weapon.
- This vehicle has received a new Directive line.
- Rumble Seat passengers now face forward by default, and can swivel 360 degrees.
- Various cosmetic options are available for the Chimera, Dervish, and Javelin.
- Added gunner kill experience for passengers on the Flash and Javelin.
- War Asset Modules can now apply currency discounts for the Javelin, Chimera, and Dervish.
- Weapon reticles updated to use normal more standard NSO vehicle versions.
- Strafe acceleration increased by 33%.
- Changed the Javelin's JVN-X3 Hydra's Phased Dispersion Amplifier icon to be more in line with other vehicle weapon attachments.
- Javelin's auraxium trim now changes colors based on team assignment.
- Javelin is no longer listed on the remote vehicle spawner list for non-NSO characters.
- Added the Chimera, Dervish, and Javelin to VR Training as NPCs.