|Page Contents Current As of Patch:||2020-12-16|
The LF-100 Afterburner certification improves the replenishment rate of the Liberator's in-built afterburner, which allows the bomber to temporarily boost both acceleration and its maximum speed.
The afterburner's fuel tanks last 4.5 seconds, with an activation penalty of 1 second. The replenishment time starts at 40 seconds, though can be reduced down to 20 seconds by leveling the certification.
To activate afterburners, press and hold the Afterburner hotkey (⇧ Left Shift by default.)
"Unlock LF-100 Afterburner for the Liberator."
- February 8, 2018 Update
- No longer takes up the utility slot, and has been integrated into the vehicle.
- This skill line can now be upgraded from the Passive Certs area of the vehicle.
- The regeneration rate of the default afterburner is 40 seconds.
- The first rank of the passive cert line now reduces the regeneration rate to 30 seconds.
- Corrected an incorrect tooltip in rank 4.
- Certification cost from 250/375/550/750/1000 to 100/150/200/400/1000.
- Dev Note: Afterburner has been best-in-slot on the Liberator for as long as it has existed. With the recent pivot to a more sustained fire role, the value of fire suppression and flares has been increased, but the trade for afterburner remained too high. A default afterburner should make the vehicle more enjoyable to fly, add more flexibility for which engagements it can participate in, and lower the cert investment for players looking to make use of the Liberator.